Trail Guide to the Body's Quick Reference Guide to Trigger Points
Trigger points are hyperirritable spots in skeletal muscle. These sensitive points of tissue are often associated with palpable nodules in taut muscle fibers and, when compressed, elicit referred pain, local tenderness, or a twitch response.
Students, instructors, and practitioners will value the quality of the 210 illustrations and easy access to practical information in the Quick Reference to Trigger Points.
This full-color guide helps you quickly find and treat trigger points by identifying
- Common location of a trigger point in a particular muscle belly.
- Possible causes of trigger points.
- Symptoms and indications.
- Pain patterns.
- Associated trigger points.
- Differential diagnoses.
- For those wishing to learn the fundamentals of trigger point therapy or study the subject in greater depth, a list of recommended texts is included.
117 pages / paperback / spiral bound
The content in this guide is also found as an appendix in the Trail Guide to the Body, 5th edition textbook and eBook.