The Ethics of Touch - 5th Edition
- An ethical pathway to professional success and integrity.
- Cultivates ethical, safe, and effective client relationships
- Fosters the development of ethical responses through scenario-based learning
- Reduces the risk of inadvertently impinging on clients’ personal boundaries.
- Prepares students for licensing exams.
In this definitive work on massage therapy ethics, Ben Benjamin and Cherie Sohnen-Moe take students on an exploration of the often confusing and troubling dilemmas that they will face in manual therapy practice. Working through ethical issues conceptually and personally prepares practitioners to meet unexpected challenges by applying these integrated principles with poise and professionalism.
Addresses the difficult, confusing, and seldom-discussed dilemmas confronting manual therapy practitioners.
Through reflective exercises, insight-promoting questions, and stories straight from the treatment room, students are led on a personal journey where they discover and internalize the highest professional standards and outline practical steps to meet them. Practitioners with a clear understanding of ethical behavior and professional communication skills are the ones who create and build successful practices. This book belongs in the office of every manual therapy practitioner.